Sunday, April 6, 2014

New Climbing Gym = New Counter Tops!




















A week ago today, Jim Knight and I installed the new counter tops at Momentum Millcreek. The new gym is slated to open on April 15th so we got them installed just under the wire. It took about twice as long as expected to edge-treat, darken, surface treat and glue down all six pieces (7 hours or so), but the results were well worth it. (As my Mom joked, I suspect they'll last until the next millennium, at least in some form…)

I've been working with Jeff Pedersen (and Jim) for nearly 15 years now… from The Quarry to Momentum I to Momentum II. It's been an honor and a pleasure to be involved all this time and to see he and his business partners continue to expand and grow. This new gym is going to ROCK (pun intended… maybe I should've said it's going to PLASTIC!).

By the way, I want to give a big shout-out to Jim at Wasatch Laser Processing for doing such beautiful laser cutting and getting great steel to cut in the first place. BEST laser work I've seen in the SLC area in my many years of doing this kind of work (Critical Laser in Linden is also very good but a bit too far away for regular work). Anyway, everything was perfect and the price was right.


No comments:

Post a Comment